A New Experience!
Well, today was a Mommy and Emma date day. We went to the "baby movie" today. It was a nice chance to go out and see Pirates of the Carribbean, but it was definately a little tricky too! You weren't allowed to bring your stroller in, even though it was a movie set up for babies (lower volume, house lights on, diaper change station etc) so I had to manage Emma, the diaper bag, a drink, popcorn and her blanket. Then we had fun trying to eat the popcorn while holding her and keeping her out of it! We made it though and I watched most of the movie without too much Emma time as she had a good nap about 1hr in to the movie!
Another adventure I forgot to write about was our camping experiences. On July 7-9 we were in a baseball tournament that we always go in and camp at. We decided to try it out with Emma this year too. Our van was so full it was ridiculous! We went out on Friday, and after Emma screaming the whole way there we were able to relax by the fire our teamates made. Emma doesn't seem to travel very well on long distances! The 45 minute trip to the camp site ended up taking us about 1 hr 15 min! Emma crashed around 9pm that night when we realized we forgot her bassinette! We took a laundry hamper full of blankets so we ended up taking out the top two and then the rest were Emma's bed! It got pretty cold that night and I was pretty worried about her so I ended up waking up about every hour to check on her. Go figure... she was fine and slept right through to 6:00am! Which was perfect timing for our 7am game. The next day was scorching hot and was almost impossible to keep her shaded and she ended up getting a little pinky on her arms and cheeks so Emma and I decided to come back home that night as the next day was supossed to be even warmer! Our team did pretty good overall... I ended up having to play because a few never showed up, but we all had fun anyways! Not sure when our next camping experience will be... we might go up to the lake again sometime in August when Dustin is taking a bit of time off... who knows!
Another adventure I forgot to write about was our camping experiences. On July 7-9 we were in a baseball tournament that we always go in and camp at. We decided to try it out with Emma this year too. Our van was so full it was ridiculous! We went out on Friday, and after Emma screaming the whole way there we were able to relax by the fire our teamates made. Emma doesn't seem to travel very well on long distances! The 45 minute trip to the camp site ended up taking us about 1 hr 15 min! Emma crashed around 9pm that night when we realized we forgot her bassinette! We took a laundry hamper full of blankets so we ended up taking out the top two and then the rest were Emma's bed! It got pretty cold that night and I was pretty worried about her so I ended up waking up about every hour to check on her. Go figure... she was fine and slept right through to 6:00am! Which was perfect timing for our 7am game. The next day was scorching hot and was almost impossible to keep her shaded and she ended up getting a little pinky on her arms and cheeks so Emma and I decided to come back home that night as the next day was supossed to be even warmer! Our team did pretty good overall... I ended up having to play because a few never showed up, but we all had fun anyways! Not sure when our next camping experience will be... we might go up to the lake again sometime in August when Dustin is taking a bit of time off... who knows!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home