Friday, January 09, 2009

Changes are Happening!

Well we are all done our travelling for awhile now, but I am already starting to try and convince Dustin of our next trip!! I want to go to Disneyland for my 30th and his 35th birthdays! We will see if it happens... I'd be happy with a Mexican all inclusive too, but Disney would be awesome! haha

Dustin had a blast on his trip to Seattle. They ended up staying at the same hotel as the Patriots did so he had some close encounters in the elevator with the players and everything! Dustin didn't take many pictures, but here are a couple his buddy Gain took:

This gives you an idea as to how far up they actually were! I believe there was only 3 rows behind them! Out of 4 of them, only 1 had the guts to leave and go to the bathroom during the game... the other 3 said they could wait until they had to go down all the stairs to leave! haha

This is three of the four of them... as you can see it wasn't exactly hot and sunny for the game! Luckily there was no snow... as Calgary got that while they were gone!

Courtney and I had some major home sickness while we were in Cuba, but had a great time while we were there too! We relaxed a lot, which was a really nice change of pace! We ventured into Havana for a day and saw the world famous Tropicana Cabaret show which was cool! I could have spent more time in Havana for sure. Our hotel wasn't the best (what do you expect for a $600 trip though)... and we had some major issues with the food... overall, it was nice, hot on most days, beach was nice, people were nice (except the ladies that wouldn't leave me alone in the flea markets), and it was fun... but I don't think I will go back again. It's a place I'm happy I visited, but that is where it ends. Here are a couple of pictures from my trip:

This is Courtney and I in Havana after it had poured on us, but before Tropicana (we got to stop at a hotel to shower and change).. this is about half way through our trip!

This is the back view of our hotel, behind the pool is the clubhouse where we played bingo (haha!) then across the road is the hotel's private beach! All those little tents on the left is a huge flea market!

Since we have come back, we celebrated a nice Christmas. We had a turkey dinner at home and did a lot of relaxing. It was so nice to have no plans and just sit at home and take it all in! I can picture us doing that every year now! For New Year's we didn't do anything, other than take Emma skating before bed as Dustin wasn't feeling 100%. I believe we were all in bed by 10pm!

Otherwise, we have less than 9 weeks left until the baby's due date! We are sooo not prepared or ready for it, so I'm going to try and start that process this weekend! We will be going for an ultrasound on Feb 2nd to see how everything is, which I can't wait for! It still hasn't really hit me that we will have a baby in the house full time again though... Dustin and I had a good laugh at a conversation we had the other day, when I mentioned doing something while I was at home for a year, then I had to say, oh nevermind... I'll have a baby then too! Hopefully the reality sets in before it's actually here, or it could be quite an adjustment! It is VERY active in utero and nothing about it's movements is gentle! My ribs are killing me, not to mention all the other pregnancy aches and pains! Only 8-9 more weeks though so it's all good!

Only other update is the girls... who are great. They are very excited to have another sibling join them... let's hope that feeling sticks once it's here too! Gracie sides with Daddy and says it's a boy and Emma is determined it's a girl. I side with her to make it even so we will see who wins! As long as it's healthy we all win in my mind! This week we have also started the process of putting Emma to bed with a simple tuck in, and have stopped laying with her until she's sleeping. The first couple of nights were difficult and time consuming, but by night 4 there were no tears at all and it went over perfectly! Today was the first day we had to try nap time at home, in which case it started pretty good, but then she came out of her room and decided to play in the play room. She started talking to her baby's so I heard she was up and went to go see her... as soon as I was half way up the stairs she realized she was caught and went and hid in the tent in the playroom... it was quite funny! Needless to say, she went to bed right after that with no troubles. It is so nice to have our evening's back... we can actually do something at 8pm now! I'm glad it was a quick and easy process... Emma is so easy that way! I'm crossing my fingers this next baby will be too!

Here are some pics we took around Christmas time:

Sorry I can't get this one any bigger... this is my precious Emma looking all grown up!



Here is the picture we sent out in most of our Christmas cards!

This is the castle the girls made on Boxing Day morning out of Emma's new blocks which both girls just love!!
This is Emma on New Year's Eve on the park... even though she was cold she sure kept on trekking through everything!

I think that is about it... it's now way past my bedtime so I better get going! We are hoping for a couple more changes coming up in the next few months, but I will write about them once they happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home