Sunday, January 14, 2007

Some Bumps in 2007!

Well, the new year is off to a start! Gracie is back at school and can't wait to be done grade 3! She is very happy to be back in ballet, as they had a few weeks off over the break. She also can't wait for the weather to improve so she can wear her new heely's all over the place... what will they come up with next?

Emma is motoring around like crazy now... I really have to keep an eye on her or I am in trouble quickly! She has taken a few steps on her own, but is still quite hesitent when you tell her to come to you. She now uses anything she can as a walker. She would rather walk any day over crawling. She walks really well beside us too, when we hold one of her hands! Unfortunately last Thursday around noon Emma woke up with quite a fever. Her normal temperature is the low 36 degree mark and she was anywhere in the high 38's or 39! She slept almost all day too. The healthlink told us not to worry unless other symptoms started or if she had a fever right through until Monday. Well, here we are at Sunday night... her fever is all over the map... sometimes managable, sometimes very high... but she has also been sick the last two nights, is not taking many bottles the last couple of days, and now today has become quite irriatable and has a super red bum.... poor little girl! Needless to say, we are going to the Dr first thing in the morning.

Otherwise, I have started my job as President of our ball league... I didn't realise I had so much to do right away this year, so it's been quite a lot of work all of a sudden. I have also had a lot of bumps along the way (one being so big I questioned if I really wanted to take on the job afterall)... luckly... I have a great league who has supported me wonderfully so off to the races we go!

We finally have our basement drywalled... wow, is it ever different!!!! You really get used to things so quickly, it's amazing when it is changed. We are just waiting for the final stages of that and then we will start on finishing all the other goodies. I can't wait to get the mess out of my main floor and back downstairs where it belongs! haha

I have finalized a plan to return to work too... :( ..... I will be going back end of March, beginning of April... there will be some restructuring to the department and I am looking forward to going back to a new position! I miss my job and the people I work with, but at the same time I have a VERY hard time thinking of leaving Emma with someone else... no one else is Mommy... no one else will give her the attention and love that I do... being a mom is the best job I could have ever asked for, and now I can only do it part time. No one else will pay my bills though, so I don't really have a choice. I know she will survive and love to be around other kids all day, and I have 100% trust in the dayhome she will be at, but it's not me. The day is coming quickly... the year has gone way to fast... it's very sad that our financial situation is the bases on our decisions to work or stay home... we want to provide our children with the very best though, and I believe I will do that, it's just going to be hard. (probably way harder on me than it will be on her!)

That's it for now... I'll try to keep this updated a little more so the posts aren't so long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home