Friday, February 09, 2007

A Little Vacation!

Well, we have returned from a short mini vacation to Edmonton. We went up there for 3 days to have some fun and get away for a bit! Unfortunately the weather ended up making it a little shorter than we had hoped, but we plan on going back in the summer. We spent a whole day at the waterpark at West Edmonton Mall and had a blast. Gracie also went on the rides at Galaxyland, and we all mini golfed! We also got a chance to visit my family on our way up to Edmonton so that was nice! I will add some pictures soon (I just have to get them off of the camera).

I believe Emma is teething big time because she isn't sleeping at all as of this week. She was sleeping through the night for so long now that it really puts a kink in my energy level! We are up with her numerous times a night, and now she isn't sleeping much for her naps either (she got a whole 20 min nap in this morning). I figure she will have to sleep some time though! Her cheeks are super rosey too, so I'm thinking we have some more action in there! If anyone has any advise on the sleepless nights please let me know. Advil, bottles, cuddling with mommy and daddy all don't work right now!

The apartment is flying along!!! All the cupboards are put in as well as the trim... I believe the painter is here right now finishing up too. The lights will be put in within a week as well as the flooring. It is looking great!!! It really is quite nice in it that is for sure.

Our basement on the other hand is not flying so quickly... we ended up having a plumbling leak last week that is now fixed, but now we have to redrywall where we had to cut it all open. Dustin has started putting the electrical all in, but just like the first step... it is taking way longer than he had expected! I think he is planning on working on it again this weekend... he's really excited to get to the painting stage!

Baseball is starting to get really busy with all the meetings we have to plan for the season... I'm not sure why we volunteer to run everything all the time... it really is a lot of work, when we could be just like all the other players and show up for the games and pay our fees... we figure only a couple more years though until our kids are into their own sports and activities that we will have to stop our own to support them!

I should go for now. I promise to add pictures soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home