Friday, April 03, 2009

The Final Result!!

Well I know a lot of time has passed but I finally have some time to get around to updating this... so we ended up having a beautiful baby girl whom we named Camryn Rose Ginter. She was born on Wednesday, March 4th at 11:37pm and she weighed 7lbs 5oz.

I went for my ultrasound that Monday (after a visit to the Children's Hospital for Emma as she was really sick)... and everything was looking great. I ended up getting the cold that Emma and Dustin had so all three of us were down for the count. My first two days at home were with a very sick child... no relaxing at all, and definitely no reading got done! On the Wednesday Emma went to the dayhome, but Dustin ended up staying home sick... had a little more relaxing that day including a nap!

That afternoon I went to my regular Dr appointment and she did the procedure to help bring on baby... it didn't hurt quite as much as I had expected, although it did hurt a bit... what doesn't hurt when you are talking about labor! She said with that done the baby should be on it's way anytime in the next week or so. Went home, didn't do much that afternoon or evening. I ended up going to bed about 8:30pm as I was pretty exhausted from the cold. At 9:30pm I woke up to what I later found out were contractions. They were coming every 3 minutes. At 9:45pm I went to go to the washroom and my water broke in the middle of the floor. We immediately called my mom to come over... she was out and on her way home and made it around 10:10pm... so off to the hospital we went!

I was watching the clock on the way to the hospital and the contractions were speeding up to closer to 2 minutes... we checked in and made it up to triage just after 10:30. They monitored me for about 30 minutes then while waiting for a room my contractions kicked into high gear so they decided to measure me. I was 4cm. A few minutes later they said we could start walking over to labor and delivery. I had to stop a few times on our way over in pain, but made it! Just as we were entering the room I felt A LOT of pressure and made it known to the nurses. They rolled their eyes at eachother and told eachother I was just 4cm before I came over. I made it a few more steps, told them I felt lots of pressure again... no response... I made it onto the bed and I yelled that I had to push... finally a response... they checked me and I was 9.5cm and baby was ready to come... so all of a sudden chaos central occured... they were pushing buttons, yelling at eachother for supplies and for a Dr... it was pretty crazy. I ended up having the only Dr that was around and available... and 4 pushes later Camryn was born at 11:37... it was CRAZY!!!!

I was in shock that it all happened so fast for a few days... They ended up sending Dustin home around 2:30am that night, so he woke the girls up to tell them the good news... talk about waking up on the right side of the bed... they were estatic!!! I ended up getting discharged the next evening just before supper, about 17 hours after she was born.

I am happy to be at home and am slowly starting to figure everything out... Camryn is following Emma's growth pattern... she lost quite a bit of weight and is still trying to gain it back... they want them back at birth weight at 2 weeks... she is 4 weeks and is at 6lbs 11oz... whoops! She is soooo tiny!!! We have had to put her in premie clothes and diapers as nothing else fits her... we are trying all kinds of things to help her gain the weight back, some more frustrating than others, but we are getting there!

Emma and Gracie are great big sisters... Camryn gets overloaded with love some days! Camryn is starting to smile on her own and is awake a lot more lately which makes her more entertaining to everyone! I don't think I could have asked for anything more in my life... my two beautiful girls truly make my heart beat every day! I am such a lucky girl myself! I could have babies forever!!! I honestly was worried about sharing my time, attention and love between two children, but it's amazing how much more you have once they are here! I have fallen in love all over again and it's the best feeling in the world!

Here are some pictures of Camryn, most are taken around 2 weeks old...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home