Success!
Well, since I will be heading back to work next week we thought it would be a good idea to ease Emma into the dayhome slowly. Her and I went for short visits last week a couple of times, and then this week she went for a couple of hours on Tuesday and then a few more today. So far she has been excellent! She is happy playing with the other little kids (she even found a new best friend who is 1.5 years old!), she sleeps well, and is soooo happy to see me when I go to get her! That makes me feel much better too! I'm sure she'll get into the routine and things will be fine. It will be a tough first few weeks (mainly for me!) but it will all flow together sooner or later!
Dustin is at the Flames game tonight with his friend, and as of right now they aren't cheering loud enough cause we are down by a goal!
We are still plunking away at the basement. It seems to be the never ending project right about now. We have to get 4 HUGE pieces of drywall out the window and into the garage tonight because our underlay will be put in tomorrow! Once that and tile is done all we have left is the doors and baseboards and a call to the plumber to come back and put the pieces in!
Yah! They heard me and cheered louder... we just scored!
Another project I have undertaken this week is new furniture for Emma's room. My mom took the bedroom suite we had in exchange for hers (but her's is for a double bed so it will be going downstairs in the spare room). I bought a used suite on the weekend and now I have to re-finish it all. What a project! I was in the garage all night last night sanding most of it down, then today I started painting. Hopefully she will have at least one piece fully done by the end of next week! I'm not sure where I will find the time (I think I have come to the realization I take on too many things!)... I have another ball meeting next week that I have to run and prepare for, (I had 2 this week as well), my mom's group wants to go to bingo one night, we have Gracie's parent teacher interview to go to, and I also wanted to get my scrapbook all up to date before I went back to work! (haha, this one is a joke... I got the pictures printed and I have done our wedding and up to Gracie in grade one... only 2 more years to do!)
I am exhausted just thinking about all the things I wish to complete... I think I might be booking a pedicure night for myself to just relax! Wouldn't that be nice? Something to reward myself for all the hard work I have put in the last year! I think it is very well deserved... hehe.
I should get going... need to start trying to clean up the house a little for Emma's party this weekend. I can't believe she will be one already!
Dustin is at the Flames game tonight with his friend, and as of right now they aren't cheering loud enough cause we are down by a goal!
We are still plunking away at the basement. It seems to be the never ending project right about now. We have to get 4 HUGE pieces of drywall out the window and into the garage tonight because our underlay will be put in tomorrow! Once that and tile is done all we have left is the doors and baseboards and a call to the plumber to come back and put the pieces in!
Yah! They heard me and cheered louder... we just scored!
Another project I have undertaken this week is new furniture for Emma's room. My mom took the bedroom suite we had in exchange for hers (but her's is for a double bed so it will be going downstairs in the spare room). I bought a used suite on the weekend and now I have to re-finish it all. What a project! I was in the garage all night last night sanding most of it down, then today I started painting. Hopefully she will have at least one piece fully done by the end of next week! I'm not sure where I will find the time (I think I have come to the realization I take on too many things!)... I have another ball meeting next week that I have to run and prepare for, (I had 2 this week as well), my mom's group wants to go to bingo one night, we have Gracie's parent teacher interview to go to, and I also wanted to get my scrapbook all up to date before I went back to work! (haha, this one is a joke... I got the pictures printed and I have done our wedding and up to Gracie in grade one... only 2 more years to do!)
I am exhausted just thinking about all the things I wish to complete... I think I might be booking a pedicure night for myself to just relax! Wouldn't that be nice? Something to reward myself for all the hard work I have put in the last year! I think it is very well deserved... hehe.
I should get going... need to start trying to clean up the house a little for Emma's party this weekend. I can't believe she will be one already!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home