Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Emma!

So Emma is now 1 year old! She had her birthday party with all of our family on the 24th and then we had her baby group party today. Emma was a little overwhelmed at her party because there were so many kids, but overall did a very good job! If anyone has any idea how I can post a video on this blog please give me a call because words do no justice to her reaction to the cake! Today Dustin fed her the cake and it was much neater! (Since we weren't at home we thought we would help out the mess a little!)

The last year has flown by for all of us! We are very proud of Emma and so happy to have her a part of our lives. She brings us so many smiles and laughs it's amazing. She has developed and changed so much, it's hard to imagine her as a newborn anymore! Now she is officially a toddler and a little lady to boot. She has personality, charm and even attitude at times! She has never given us too much trouble or hard times so we are preparing for really tough 2's or teen's! (she can't be perfect all the time!)

Otherwise, going back to work has been a change for everyone, but we are starting to get back in the routine! Thank goodness I have a GREAT boss who made my first day back fantastic! She gave me a "working mommy relief pack" with lots of goodies in it along with flowers, which made it an okay transition! Having a good employer is so important when you have a family and I couldn't ask for a better one!

Dustin has been doing lots of extra work at home this past week, and now we have started working on the wood trim in the basement. Our huge garage is full of stuff so no one can park in it now! Hopefully it doesn't last for too much longer though! I hope to have only one more coat on Emma's furniture and then it will be done too! Everything takes so much time, but well worth it in the long run. I know we will all enjoy the basement and all the hard work we put into it and I hope Emma enjoys her furniture once she is a little older!

For any Grease lover out there (especially those that watched the show for the Broadway leads) I might be looking for someone to go to New York with! My favorites won the competition so I am dying to go see them on the big stage! Whether this will pan out or not is another thing, but I'd like to try for it! (Dustin isn't a big musical type guy so I'm not sure how interested he would be to go!) Developing the basement, doing the yard, building the suite and going on a vacation just don't go well in the same year though!

As normal, I will update with pictures later on, once I get some time on the other computer. We have some pretty good ones I will have to share!

We all wish Emma a very happy first birthday! We hope the next year is as fun as the first has been!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernadine Mulroy said...

Hey Michele...Glad to hear Emma's b-day was a success...Chelsea would be more then glad to go and see grease with you we also watched the show and ya the favs won..She has already checked out air fairs will see where this goes ..

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home