Sunday, September 06, 2009

6 months already?!?!

Yes, that is right... Camryn is already 6 months old!!! As you can tell, getting around to posting here has not been all that easy with multiple kids! I seriously can't believe 6 months has already passed... I am actually quite saddened by it as that means my time at home with the girls is half over already.

As for updates... Camryn is slowly growing... at 5 months old she was just under 12 lbs, so pretty tiny still and I will see how much she is in another week and a half, but I am thinking she will be around 13lbs... she has mastered sitting up and is already looking like she's trying to crawl! She also sleeps through the night and has since she was a couple of months old! We believe she is starting to get her first tooth, but it seems to be stubborn and won't break through... she is a trooper though! She LOVES playing and watching Emma. One of my favorite things is listening to the two of them giggle in the back seat in the van! I tried to start Camryn on some cereal just before she turned 6 months old and it was not a success at all... she cried and just pushed it all back out. I am going to try again in the next week and see if it's any better. I am also in the process of weaning her and it's going pretty good. She is down to one breastfeeding every morning and the rest are bottles. This is one more area that saddens me when I think about it because I know it's something I will never get to do again. The emotions tied around these little precious beings is amazing!

For Emma... she is doing great. She plays with Camryn all the time (sometimes a little too much... and sometimes she treats Camryn like a baby doll... but so far no huge bumps or bruises!). Emma is going to start skating lessons next month and she can't wait. She really wants to play hockey!! Emma has started working in some kindergarten workbooks (so she's not left out when Gracie does her workbooks for extra practice) and she is mastering most of them! I hope she won't be bored when she goes to school because she knows it all already! The next thing I will be working on with her is her pencil control and writing her ABC's.

Gracie is doing well too. She is starting to turn into a young lady, and making me think we might need to add call waiting to our phone in the next year or two! She is still struggling with her school work, but we are working with her as much as possible on it!! She is pretty excited to be in grade six this year, and we are excited she has a Mr for a teacher!

Dustin is keeping very busy... he actually got laid off at the end of April this year due to the recession and was at home with the girls and me for 5 weeks. It was a fantastic time!! It also lead to an inpromptu vacation for us to Toronto as his current company flew him out there for a second interview! Dustin, Camryn and I got to experience Toronto and Niagara Falls for 4 days right before he started his new job! Dustin loves his new job and the possibilities and challenges it will bring. He's also excited to start up ball hockey this week and as always he is in a number of hockey and football pools that will all be starting soon! Let's hope for some good winnings this year!

For me, I am just ticking along... I have quite the cold right now which takes any extra energy I might have. I have been trying to just keep up with all the necessities of life and managing the family. Now that school has started and the activities will start I'm sure my organizational skills will be kicked into high gear! One of my best friends had a baby girl this summer so we have been hanging out with them lots which is fantastic!! My other best friend will be joining the mommy club in just a couple of months too! Having friends with little ones will be perfect! I have been doing all of this while planning a family vacation to Disneyland! We leave in just a few weeks... I am soooo excited! Everything is all booked and organized... now I just have to put it all into action without the kids finding out... that's right, it's a surprise! We aren't sure when we are going to tell them... but we will be picking Gracie up on the Friday night, and Saturday morning we will wake them up, feed them, get them dressed and tell them we have a surprise for them!!! I can't wait to see their faces when they find out where we are going!

Well, I believe that is about all for this update, hope my next one won't be 6 months down the road! Here are some pictures from the last 6 months...

Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home